How the SJSU Product Management Bootcamp Works
The part-time SJSU Product Management Bootcamp is designed for students to pursue high-quality tech education while continuing to balance work or other commitments. Our program provides you with the flexibility to fit career development into your life
All bootcamp classes are instructor-led and taught 100% online.
*Break week after essentials.
Allow for an additional 1-4 hours of independent classwork per week.
Class time options vary by month and are subject to change. To see available class times for your cohort of choice, complete your application or schedule a call with a student advisor.
Intro to Product Management
You could already possess countless strengths that can be leveraged into a successful product management career with help from the SJSU Product Management Bootcamp.
Take our FREE self-paced Intro to Product Management: Skills to Career Pathway course to see which of your existing strengths translate into a career as a Product Manager. You’ll also learn about industry roles and job growth, explore pathways to a product management education, and much more.
Tuition and Payment Options
There are many ways to pay for your bootcamp experience including self-pay, employer-pay, local/state government assistance, scholarships, and personal loans. Learn more about payment options.
San José State University is committed to making tech education more accessible, so we’re reducing the enrollment deposit to $99* (normally $1,000) for a limited time. Get started on your journey before the deposit increases!
Enrollment Deposit -
Tuition During Program - $12,396
Total Tuition - $12,495
*Offer eligibility: Upon admittance into the program, pay the $99 non-refundable deposit in full prior to the enrollment date.
**Tuition will increase to $13,495 for all cohorts in 2023. To lock in the current tuition rate, pay your deposit in full and enroll in a cohort that begins in 2022.
$1,500 Founder’s Scholarship
To celebrate the Product Management Bootcamp launch, the Founder's Scholarship will be given to all students enrolled in the inaugural September 2022 cohort.
$500 Community Scholarship
For San José State University alumni, current students, and employees.
$2,000 Military Scholarship**
For active-duty service members and military veterans (for the inaugural cohort only).
$1,000 Military Scholarship**
For active-duty service members and military veterans (for subsequent cohorts).
**Valid ID required.
Big Return On Your Investment
Earn more throughout your career following 25 weeks of professional product management skill-building. Product managers in the U.S. earn an average salary of $107,105 (Burning Glass), making now a lucrative and exciting time to join the product management field.
What You Will Learn
Our teaching methods enable students at every level to thrive. We ensure our curriculum consists of the most current, in-demand technologies to jumpstart a successful product management career. Taught by industry experts, the bootcamp is designed to provide technical skill-building as well as hands-on experience.
- The Product Development Lifecycle
- Building Business Models
- Business Fundamentals
- Hypothesis Validation
- Design Thinking
- Product Planning, e.g., building product roadmaps, understanding MVPs
- Product Analytics
- Building a Product Strategy
- Working with and Hiring Teams
- Landing a Job as a Product Manager
- 24 weeks of instruction, plus one break week = a 25-week program.
- Learn and practice both quantitative and qualitative methods for gaining a deep understanding of users’ needs and interests.
- Develop a strong foundation in key design concepts and prototyping products across a wide range of industries.
- Leverage techniques for one of the most critical aspects of a Product Manager’s job. Some techniques you will learn include empathy mapping, product storytelling, and creating go-to-market plans.
- Ground yourself in the world of product management in software development. Learn agile, technical concepts, like APIs and machine learning, and tech stack concepts.
Product Management Tools
While guiding a product from initial concept to market can be complex, the curriculum in the SJSU Product Management Bootcamp teaches you the latest tools and software necessary to get the job done successfully.
Our well-rounded curriculum covers essential product management tools for industry analysis, roadmapping, project tracking, management, marketing, and more. Here are just some of the tools and software you’ll learn in our program:
Designed by Real Product Management Experts
The SJSU Product Management Bootcamp curriculum provides insight into the day-to-day roles and responsibilities of real product managers. That’s because it was built by experienced professionals–all with multi-year experience across major industries.
Meet our Curriculum Designers:
CEO of Winnovation Agency, a consulting firm for innovation and marketing
- For the last 10 years, Sierra Pollard has made innovation her passion in life.
- Sierra has also served as Adjunct Professor of Product Innovation at universities, including the University of North Florida, Virginia Commonwealth University, and the University of Florida.
Science, Engineering, and Product Lead in Personalization at Amazon
- Mukesh has served in leadership roles in product management for over 15 years and has been working in the field for almost 25 years.
Co-founder of Astellent, a consulting firm in product design, development, and launch
- A leader in the product management field for almost 15 years, Hitesh Parashar has successfully conceptualized, built, and launched applications and business models for both consumers and enterprises, scaling to hundreds of millions of users and creating hundreds of millions of dollars in enterprise value.
Head of Product at Strategic Education, Inc. an education technology company
- Leigh Lawhon has served in UX/UI and graphic design roles for almost 25 years.
- Leigh has an extensive background in building SAAS and web-based solutions from the ground up, collaborating directly with clients to determine requirements, and developing concepts, budgets, and workflows.
Built-in career success coaching is a defining feature of the SJSU Tech Bootcamps, and includes guidance in:
Growing your professional network
Resume and LinkedIn profile optimization
Interview and assessment prep
And much more!
You’ll also graduate from the program with a portfolio of work that demonstrates your ability to solve real business problems for real companies.
Bootcamp graduates are highly sought after by some of the world’s leading companies.
SJSU Tech Bootcamps are powered by Fullstack Academy. The companies listed above have hired Fullstack Academy NYC graduates.
How the San José State University Product Management Bootcamp Compares
|Live, Online Instruction|
Learn with Peers
|Cost Per Hour of Curriculum Content||Hours of Content||Career Coaching|
|SJSU Product Management Bootcamp||$40.30 per hour||300+ hours|
|Product Gym||> $500 per hour||12 hours|
|General Assembly||$98.75 per hour||40 hours|
|Product School||$139.97 per hour||30 hours|
Who Should Attend
The SJSU Product Management Bootcamp is designed for those looking to transition into the field or increase their knowledge base within it. There’s no experience required to apply, be accepted, or succeed in the bootcamp. Apply today and join others like you on the first steps to a life-changing career.
Ready to Start Learning?
Once you’re ready to start your product management journey, here are the steps you can expect in the admissions process.
- Fill out our online application form
- Take our nontechnical assessment
- No product management experience required
- Covers logical reasoning
- Sent to you immediately upon submission of application
- Receive an entrance decision
Programs are open to California residents only. For questions, please contact email@example.com.